Wi-Tribe Complaints Continue…

Many wi-tribe customers have been complaining about bad customer support, sales service as well as poor network quality. Many of them asked us to write about that. To be honest, I am not a wi-tribe customer and I did not want to write anything I don’t know. Today, I received a similar email telling that wi-tribe is cheating under cover. We will discuss that later on in this article.

Most of the people complaint that wi-tribe help line (111-187-423) stays engaged most of the time and if they place an order, sales department forgets to contact them even after months. That’s a weird strategy of a newly born company. Usually, if we call some company’s sales department, it gets harder to get rid of them later on but it seems wi-tribe doesn’t care about the customers.

wi tribe hammer1

I got an email from Rawalpindi driving my attention to the matter that the speed of 512 KPBS package is not good and even signals are full, the browsing is slow. Also, wi-tribe claims to provide 2 GB extra on all packages but in fact, they do not.

I called wi-tribe today to clarify certain things and after waiting 2 minutes, they picked up the phone (they do receive calls :). I asked them about the 2 GB extra offer, he told me that it was just a promotional offer which was started in late Nov. 2009 and will end of Feb 12, 2010. The offer gives extra 2 GB bandwidth to the new customers who get wi-tribe connection within the promotional period i.e. from Nov. 2009 to Feb 12, 2010. When I asked him about the offer being mentioned on the website or old customer being notified, he said, NO. To me, its not a fair company policy.

wi tribe extra 2GB

I checked later on the website and it says; “Additional 2 GB Valid for 3 Months” but it doesn’t tell that the offer is only for customers from Nov. to Feb. 12, 2010.

WiMax Technology is growing fast in Pakistan and competition is getter tougher day by day. With this attitude of wi-tribe, they should start packing their stuff and go back to sleep.

Related Posts

Filed in: wi-tribe Tags: , , ,

40 Responses to "Wi-Tribe Complaints Continue…"

1. Sunny says:

i am a witribe customer for last 3 months. before purchasing the connection i called the helpline. unlike your case i didnt hav to wait at all (there might be low number of calls at that time). during that call the person on the other side of the fone clearly informed me that all those customers who buy new connections will get 2GB extra volume for the 1st 3 months.

2. Dan says:

This IMAGE clarify after 2 months use of their service, no manipulation, who would be HAPPY to use this connection?

3. lil says:

wi-tribe sucks BIG TIME! DSL is still the best way to go but unfortunately, my mom changed our provider to this wi-tribe thing! streaming videos is such a pain in the a** now!

4. rrkkxx says:

1st month its fast 2nd month too slow cant even play video streaming or video calls sometimes can’t connect to YM :(

5. Cypher says:

There’s more Wi-Tribe Complaints here!

Mod: Advertising NOT ALLOWED HERE!

6. Cypher says:

these group are filing complaints to Wi-Tribe scams

7. Naveed Khan says:

I am new witribe. I just bought a new connection from Witribe today as on 14 of July, 2010. Their engineer came and installed the device and told me that the device will be activated within 90 minutes after I receive a call from their customer service to confirm the identity and device mac address etc… He told me that after 90 minutes I will be able to use their services on this device. Its 7:00PM here now, mean after 5 hours I have no call from witribe and so I couldn’t yet use their services.

This shows a very poor service quality of witribe as they don’t even care for their new customers. Now I am trying to call them. But my call is on hold by the computer since past 25 minutes and I am listening to their boring Audio advertisement.

My starting experience with Witribe is too bad at the start. Let’s see when they will compel me to switch off their services.

8. Naveed Khan says:

Originally Posted By Naveed KhanI am new to witribe. I just bought a new connection from Witribe today as on 14 of July, 2010. Their engineer came and installed the device and told me that the device will be activated within 90 minutes after I receive a call from their customer service to confirm the identity and device mac address etc� He told me that after 90 minutes I will be able to use their services on this device. Its 7:00PM here now, mean after 5 hours I have no call from witribe and so I couldn�t yet use their services.

This shows a very poor service quality of witribe as they don�t even care for their new customers. Now I am trying to call them. But my call is on hold by the computer since past 25 minutes and I am listening to their boring Audio advertisement.

My starting experience with Witribe is too bad at the start. Let�s see when they will compel me to switch off their services.

9. Yourd says:

wi-tribe sucks, wired connection is better than this.
    I waited 30 mins for a very simple webpage like google to come up!

10. ramil says:

wi tribe really sucks, if you subscribe to them for the 1st month its really fast, but 2nd month onward its just like a dial up internet. the best connection been offered i think is skybroadband, they are using cable which has a higher bandwith than dsl. and almost the same price as wi tribe, 990@1mbps but burst speed. i would really give up my wi tribe and switch to skybroadband

11. ali says:

wi-tribe is even worst than dial up connection

12. Azam Khan says:

Their help center is one of the most bad experience in my life and I lost more than Rs.2000 to just calling them for my problems and most of the time I just hear the voice of recorded messages or advertisements nothing else.
    Right now they are just cheating to their users by displaying false statement, blah, blah.
    I am trying to open only single static site and it took me more than 4 hours, now you imagine if you are a web developer or programmer who is working for its online clients what will be your mind position. Totally mad or psycho???.

13. Nadeem Afridi says:

You are 100% right.

Originally Posted By Azam KhanWi-Tribe is the worst internet service provider I have ever used in my life and now I have decided not to use their service any more. I suggest to everyone don t ever come close to them.

14. kamran qayyum says:

galya deny ka dil kar raha he…….

15. They’re only good for the first month of usage, the remaining is such a pain in the a**! I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone if this kind of service continues!!!

16. Asif says:

Sirf 3 din late hova payment me meri Witribe wireless Device Disconnect krdi

17. Fawad says:

witribe is a f****d up connection with fucked up customer support. This is my idea after using witibe for almost a year.

18. eliboy says:

putang ina wi- tribe.napakabagal, walang kwenta. sa mga taong makakita nito. huwag na kayo kumuha wi-tribe.

19. usman says:

vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary vary bad bad bad bad services services services.

20. muhammad waseem khan says:

dear people salam.i am a user of wi tribe last 2 month.i get a conection on 12jan 2011.ya aik jhoti company ha.connection ka time to batatay ha ka ya prepad connection ha.or use ka bad monthly bill mile kar datay ha.or pata chalta ha ya postpad connection tha.uss ka bad downloading dailup connection ki tahta ha.secound jub ma na month ka bech ma fraze(temporary close) karna chaha to helpline wlaly khatay h pouray mahina ka bill charge ho ha.or freez karnay ka 100rs extra charge ho ga.ya kaha ka insaf ha.ka conection 15din use karay or bill pouray mahinay ka day.or uper sa freez karay ka bhi extra charges day.ya ghoti company ha.tamam loog iss ka bicot karay.iss device par pasay laganay sa bahtar ha hum ko or connection lagay lay.shame on u WI-TRIBE company.iss tahra jhoot sa katnay coustmer ban jhay gay.my wi-tribe conection account number 830431537.
    muhammad waseem khan

21. muhammad waseem khan says:

dear people salam.i am a user of wi tribe last 2 month.i get a conection on 12jan 2011.ya aik jhoti company ha.connection ka time to batatay ha ka ya prepad connection ha.or use ka bad monthly bill mile kar datay ha.or pata chalta ha ya postpad connection tha.uss ka bad downloading dailup connection ki tahta ha.secound jub ma na month ka bech ma fraze(temporary close) karna chaha to helpline wlaly khatay h pouray mahina ka bill charge ho ha.or freez karnay ka 100rs extra charge ho ga.ya kaha ka insaf ha.ka conection 15din use karay or bill pouray mahinay ka day.or uper sa freez karay ka bhi extra charges day.ya jhoti company ha.tamam loog iss ka bicot karay.iss device par pasay laganay sa bahtar ha hum ko or connection lagay lay.shame on u WI-TRIBE company.iss tahra jhoot sa katnay coustmer ban jhay gay.my wi-tribe conection account number 830431537.
    aik baat batna bhool gay ka mara package 512 with 6GB data downloading ha par data bhi sifr 5gb download kartay ha.1gb data downloading ka extra bill aya jata ha

22. ja says:

this is for the witribe company. if u wanna gain more customers, u need to do what uv said. fast and easy. this is not fast, aint easy either.let me go to some points of complaints. firs, the connection in the first day of every month (w/c u said will refresh and get back to the highest bite consumed) doesn’t do that much download speed, second, from 9am-1am it’s like using dial-up (very poor connection) and lastly, it aint have the match to other 4g companies like globe and smart. this is not the value of the money we pay you so get ur connection fixed or there won’t be even 1 subscriber to use your trash.

23. Rizal, Philippines says:

Tang ina bobo may ari ne 2 tang ina ang bagal talaga sa simula lng ayos pero next months parang tanga na sa bagal mumurahi ko nga sana presidente nila fuck off wi-tribe.

24. JAY says:

This is really a very slow internet. I compared it with 2 of my other ISP. Worst ISP that that we have. Speedtest result often gave grade F.

25. ibraheem says:

hi i am a new witribe user ,they all r big frauders,first of all the sale person cum to my place & try to find best signal place then he said u buy connection ,company will giv u 35 feet extra wire ,9 days passed no wires available in the stock of company & the sale person who deleivered me modem always said when i called him ,sir ji u don,t worry u will get it soon,also very poor browsing they all r big liars,dont buy witribe its very gud suggetions frm me to y all dears.

26. Usama Ahmed says:

@ibraheem – True

I also bought wi-tribe wifi cpe and took it to my home at Multan Chungi, Multan Road, Lahore Area. In first few days it worked with good speed but then it stopped giving my nice speed on my 1 MB connection. I launched a ticket at customer support 2 weeks ago. After getting lot of calls from them they are finally telling me that station from where i am receiving signals are full and choked. I asked if they have any plans to increase the bandwidth at the station, they said no they cannot say anything the expected time. So now all i can do is to return their CPE and get my cash back from them.

27. sami fayyaz says:

AoA customer care center witribe service beter but not better for me bcz witribe wifi device not connect my system due to reason im not proper complete working so plz solv my problem

28. Wi tribe is the biggest scam and cheater company. They market their packages by saying endless downloading limit to their new users although they are scamming in a sense because this endless package according to Cheater witribe is limited to 40 gb only and after that they will start charging you. They have blocked my money of refund and saying clearly that they will not refund.

Help promoting wi-tribe scam official facebook page.

Say no to Wi-tribe
    Kick Wi-tribe (Scam and Fraud Company)

29. javaid says:

Download Speed: 231 kbps (28.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 194 kbps (24.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Thursday, September 08, 2011 12:48:18 AM
    plz fast speed net

30. leo says:

grabe naman po kabagal ng unit na ito,anu po ba ang pwede kong gawin para lumipat sa ibang internet?pwede bang icancel ang kontrata ko sa nakakainis na wi tribe na ito..ang bagal grabe,ung ahente ko nito pinapapunta ko d2 ayaw ng pumunta,alam nya na katakot takot na reklamo ang aabutin nya sakin…pls sana magawan ninyo ng solusyon ang internet connection kung hindi d ko kayo babayaran…..thanks

31. i am new wi tribe customer,, i had order on phone and after 10 mins i got call from sales person and i got my device on same day..i.e evening and device was activated at 11 pm..so i have no issue yet…signals are full..browsing are really ok(on 512 kbps)
    most people forget that its WIRELESS..not like PTCL Broadband..so please dun compare wireless net with wired broadband…

32. Nida says:

Can you tell me how I may contact their helpline through my cellphone? I don’t have a landline, so I have to use my cellphone for that and the system doesn’t recognize their helpline.

33. Zaheer says:

@Nida – You have to use the city code before the number. E.g. If you are from Islamabad, you will dial city code first i.e. 051 and then wi-tribe helpline i.e. 111-187-423.

051-111-187-423 (Islamabad)
    021-111-187-423 (Khi)
    042-111-187-423 (LHR).

Hope that helps.

34. Usman Ahmed says:

Very bad experience of using wi-tribe services in pakistan. it really sucks. I agree 100% with the author of this article. I don’t recommend using wi-tribe to anyone.

35. SHAN says:

@rrkkxx

Yes i agree with you. 1st month speed was good now when 2nd month started wi tribe service has become shit. i had been mailing to the wi tribe customer care but for 3 days and i did 6 mails to them but i did not get the reply. but i know very well how to treat with wi tribe. BUT i shall not recommend anyone to take wi tribe service now. go for DSL broadband.

36. SHAN says:

@mohammed imran

Mr. Imran its been 25 days since you have started using wi tribe service now tell us how you will about wi tribe. and we are not comparing wired technology with the wimax technology we are discussing the real facts.

37. art williams says:

Wi-tribe service has been a nighmare experience for me and my girlfriend here in Manila. Their service rep sold us the service even though we’re 100 outside of the recommended optimal range of the wireless tower.

Download speed was NEVER what they claimed it should be. Their customer service people used the the the phone a few times back then but since we’ve been having more problems lately they never answer their phone. And even when they did answer their phone, they sounded absolutely totally stupid.

They cut our service off for being one day late last week. We went down, paid up and got back
    home and neither of our accounts/lines worked. We couldn’t reach customer service so naturally we had to go down downtown (not an easy task in a city as ultra-not-modern0 as Manila.

As I expected, the rep there, Johnathan, made excuses again and said he’d ‘report it’. End result….one line works now….but not the other.

In the US there would be a class-action suit against this sorry-ass excuse for a company. I see they’ve got a Facebook page with happy faces talking about cricket. What a joke!

I’m going to start a blog about them and do everything I can to make sure they nobody who’ll listen to my advice will even consider doing business with them. It’s not fair that a company like this be allowed to victimize innocent consumers and take their hard-earned money. I can’t imagine how anybody would not be ashamed to work for a company like this.

38. Mark says:

Wi-Tribe is like a parade of Internet connectivity problems one after another. And if you try to contact their technical support these days, you have to wait for at least 20 mins. or so to talk with somebody. Everything about Wi-Tribe sucks!

39. ezad says:

Witribe is pethatic, No one listen complains. I dono they dont care about reputation or what. Such a mess there customer services are creating. 6 daz ago i made a bad choice and asked then for a connection. Their sales guy came used his own devices showed signals made, installed new device & said activation will take 2hrs & went to hell. After activation I called him & customer services & its not working, speed is pathetic. Next day got a call from technical dept, he toured me to all the settings of my system settings but after wasting time said “device is bad or firmware of device is bad. After that again I complain n called but till today….Its same, pathetic speed, browser works & some time dont work.
    Wish I can SUE THEM…………………………hahhaa but I KNOW I M IN PAKISTAN

40. Mondi_Shey says:

For me Wi-tribe is okay done to others. When I used Wi-Tribe in almost 2 weeks, i’ve been so anger and mad to the Connection. But I read some info about the connection of your RAM in my Task Bar or [Ctrl-Shift-Delete] => Press it.

I wonder why is Google Chrome and Mozilla Fox have big problem when you browsing the Internet.

I search in the Google – What browser is so fast in the Internet. I tried to installed Safari Browser and Opera Browser.

I said to myself WOW and SUPER WOW! It’s not my Wi-tribe connection have problem it. It’s my Browser I used before.

Now i’m using Opera.com – I installed the Browser in my laptop.

When I’m using Opera there’s no PROBLEM with me because I open some tab is almost 10 to 15 Tab windows in one Room of Opera.

It’s so amazing to me. And there’s I trick when you use your PC, Laptop or any Computer Brand name you use. You need to see your Task Manager Bar ner the Time – there’s so many icon you don’t use. You need right click and close or exit. Some times you will notice or the prompt message of your PC will appear – Your Virtual is Low. You need to close your other program your not using it.

That’s the trick you can use your PC super fast and Internet also.

By the way when you use the Opera – he is good when you watch any Movie or Video and Music, some outlets of the site. ” he is not good in games of Facebook – you should use Safari.

Safari is so good when you play or download some music.

It’s your choice – but for me I use them.

OPERA – browser is very good to all my surfing in Internet.

Every Time you use your PC you need to defrag your PC to become fast and take away your errors. And you need to Disk Cleanup your Folders.

And you need to clean your History of Browser you use. Everyday you use your computer in Internet. To become fast in any way.