0

Samsung Postpones New Android Model Release following Jobs’ Death

Putting aside all its disputes with Apple for a while, the Samsung Electronics Co. has delayed the release of its new Android-powered smartphone after the tragic death of Steve Jobs. Reuters reported today:

Samsung Electronics Co said on Monday it had delayed the launch of a new smartphone based on Google’s latest version of the Android operating system while the world pays tribute to Apple co-founder Steve Jobs who died last week.

Samsung1

Samsung’s decision of postponing the launch of its new Android smartphone may be anticipated as a consequence of the ongoing legal battle between Apple and Samsung under which both these tech titans are going to meet in courtrooms this week in Japan, South Korea, Australia, Netherlands and United States.

Previously, Samsung had obvious plans to introduce their new smartphone based on Google’s latest Ice Cream Sandwich system that merges the Android software for both tablets and smartphones, at its forthcoming Tuesday’s Mobile Unpack event in San Diego.


Advertisements

A representative from Samsung says, “We decided it was not the right time to announce a new product while the world was expressing tribute to Steve Jobs’ passing.” He added, “Samsung has yet to decide on a new date for the release.”

The tragic news of Jobs’ death surfaces last Wednesday, who was battling with pancreatic cancer since 2004. His sudden death shocks the entire world and will be remembered as an Apple’s visionary and tech industry icon. As soon as the news of his death surfaces, the whole world reacted and tributes from world leaders, industry titans and of course his large fan-base poured in.

Unfortunately, both tech giants never enjoyed healthy relationship as both have sued each other in 20 cases in 10 countries since April. Samsung has cleared this fact that it has no plans to delay scheduled hearings because of Steve Jobs’ unpleasant demise rather the company has extended its patent-infringement cases with the U.S. firm to outlaw the sales of Apple’s new iPhone 4S in France and Italy following a round of defeats in Australia and France.

It is worth noting here that Apple has already rejected Samsung’s offer to settle the tablet computer dispute in Australia and likely to put an end to the viability of Samsung’s new Galaxy tablet there.

Follow us on twitter2Twitter and join our facebook2Facebook Fan Page or rss2Subscribe to Our RSS Feed

Related Posts

Enjoyed this article? Submit your email to receive daily news and updates.

***You must click confirmation link sent in email. If you don't see the email, check spam folder.


Filed in: News Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Submit Comment

© 2017 Tech Readers. Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited. All Rights Reserved. XHTML / CSS Valid.